My Life as a Sadhu
Be Inspired, not Frustrated
Wow, so much has been going on, where do I start? I have had some lovely realizations that have been so beautiful and so helpful. On thing I realized is that I am going to be inspired by humans instead of frustrated. I am not often frustrated, but I want to shift this energy. What I realized is that my beloved hubby, and many men to be frank, just do what they want without considering other folk around them. Not in a mean kind of way but just because they can. I know I have accommodated this over my life. As a woman of my generation, I learned to accommodate and compromise and bend to the will of the man in the house. But if we say this to them, they are appalled and aghast because they think they compromise a lot. I laugh……and it is all good……I have learned to speak up for myself more. AND it is really my own fault if I don’t get what I want, and what brings me joy because I have to SPEAK IT!
A great example was my birthday this year. I realized after the fact that I did what I thought my hubby would like to do. AND I had a birthday that did not bring me a lot of joy. Oh well! Lesson learned. Then as I have been watching how my beloved hubby does his birthday, I am filled with awe and I am so inspired. He said what HE wanted and we did it. That is awesome! Thank you so much for inspiring me, honey bunny!
So I am learning and growing even at the crazy ass age of 61! Sometimes it takes some effort for me to speak up. I have also done some great boundary setting this year. It feels awesome. It took a lot of work and effort and angst to do that but I am so much happier now. I was living with something that I let give me a lot of grief and frustration and not a lot of joy. It is much better now.
What do The Beans have to say to this?
Hey Sadhu! You are rocking it, sweetie…….this was a HUGE and very IMPORTANT realization for you to have. SO important. This will change your life to the better…..and it was already great! We are so proud of you!!! Stick to it……Human men are slightly clueless about their privilege and white men are even more clueless about their privilege. AND that is okay. Things are shifting……more and more humans are speaking out and speaking up and SPEAKING! YAY! We are so excited about the shifting going on and although things look a little bleak (a little you say????!!!!????) there is good shit happening. Keep the faith. Hold the line. Keep speaking up when you feel called. Tell your ma, tell your pa…….Keep on the joy snail trail of love…….this stuff that appears immovable and hopeless is NOT. Things are SHIFTING big time!
We love you and are here for you!
Blog post 9-2-18
My Life as a Sadhu
What Have I learned this Year? (so far)
Fall is such a great time for new starts and realizations of what has been achieved over the summer months……..I had some lovely realizations with help from a lovely group of kindreds on a beautiful blog that I follow by my friend, Maria Chambers. https://soulsoothinsounds.wordpress.com/
Check it out. A wise woman and lovely friend.
- Boundaries……they can be moved and shifted…..they don’t have to be the same ALWAYS and FOREVER!
- Sometimes you just need to have a big old tantrum…..to shift energies. I had 3 this year and 2 were with hubby…..helped tremendously….even if I felt a little embarrassed. Unplanned….just coming out. One of the tantrums was with a committee I am on. I was doing WAY TOO MUCH (ha–boundaries anyone? taking on too much? heehee) and I was resentful. They let me do too much because I am super fast and efficient…..so basically I DID it to me. Now they are doing a lot more and we are ALL having more fun. I had to learn to let go and ask for help! (see below.)
- The more I love, honor and respect myself, the more others reflect that back at me…..including (especially?) my dearest hubby. Now I know this seems super obvious but this was a big one for me to get.
- I learned that as an Empath, I am a transmuter of energy. This is part of my soul’s path. So, now instead of trying to block what is coming at me or around me, I let it come through and then push that magical button, as though I am a garbage disposal, transmuting that energy.
- WE are like snails leaving a trail of xxxxxxxx…do I want to leave a trail of joy or of anger or of frustration? So, I am starting a joy epidemic. #joyepidemic Not to deny feelings, but to let them flow through…..taking care of me and doing what brings ME absolute joy joy joy……..just call me the Warrior Goddess of Joy. The title came to me a few years ago…….still getting it, eh?
- It’s absolutely OKAY to ASK for help and love and support!!!!! WOW, this was big. I thought I had to do it all myself….and I am super fucking efficient and fast fast fast……so why would I need to ask anyone for help when I am so good at doing it all myself? heehee…..jokes on me. ha! My honey is really great about helping me with this one. He says to me, “you’re retired, why are you so stressed out?” He is really great about SO MANY things!
- Dancing more more more……
- Laughing more more more…..
- Cultivating more silly silly silly……..
- AND loving more more more……
- Here I am at 61 years of age (those are just the numbers, by the way) and I realized that I am a mega OVER-ACHIEVER! HA! Cracks me up. I said to my honey one day, “I guess I am tightly wound.” He said, “you think?” heehee…….so the realization is We can learn new shit about ourselves ALL the time…….
- My path is all about joy and gratitude. #joyepidemic #wallowingingratitude #cultivatesilly
The Beans say:
Oh dearest Sadhu, you get it……these are super important realizations. YAY for you! We are shaking our purple sparkly pom poms in your honor. We are holding a parade in your honor……and for all those beings who are on their path, in other words, everyone. Now, keeping in mind, everyone is ON their path…..but many are following what they THINK they SHOULD do, many are following their family paths, many are following what is the society path……..NOT everyone feels that they can follow their JOY PATH! Keep up the excellent example, oh Warrior Goddess of Joy, of starting your joy epidemic…….oh yes! Oh yes! Many will be and are inspired by you……and many will not get it at all…..There are many humans out there who really get a lot of juice (joy?) from a sad and angry and depressed path……and that is ok. This is all an inside job for EACH HUMAN. You can only DO YOU!
We love you to the stars and back and all the planets and all the asteroids and all the grains of sand and all the particles of dirt and all the ants and worms and birds and bees…….Ha! We knew that would make you laugh. xoxoxoxo